Hi! I am a Ph.D. student in the Computer Science Department at Yale University working with Prof. Dragomir Radev in the LILY lab. I obtained my M.S. in CS degree from School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University working with Prof. Graham Neubig on semantic parsing. Previously, I worked on the topic of machine learning for software engineering with Prof. Ming Li in my undergraduate.
My research goal is to build a system that can learn to understand human language and respond to satisfy our demands. Motivated by this goal, my focus of research area is natural language understanding (NLU), especially:
- Semantic Parsing/Code Generation/Program Synthesis
- Question Answering/Reading Comprehension
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Ansong Ni, Pengcheng Yin, Graham Neubig. “Merging Weak and Active Supervision for Semantic Parsing”. in 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI’20) [Oral]
[bib] [arxiv] [code]
Machine Learning for Software Engineering (ML4SE)
- Ansong Ni*, Daniel Ramos*, Aidan Yang, Inˆes Lynce, Vasco Manquinho, Ruben Martins, Claire Le Goues. “SOAR: A Synthesis Approachfor Data Science API Refactoring,” To appear in 43th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE’21).
- Ansong Ni, Ming Li. “ACONA: Active online model adaptation for predicting continuous integration build failures,” in 40th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE’18) Poster Track. [bib] [poster]
- Ansong Ni, Ming Li. “Cost-effective build outcome prediction using cascaded classifiers,” in 14th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR’17). [bib]
- Ph.D. in Computer Science , Yale University, 2020.8-
- M.S. in Computer Science , Carnegie Mellon University, 2018.8-2019.12
- B.Eng. in Software Engineering , Nanjing University, 2014.8-2018.6
- Research Intern, Allen Institute for AI, Summer 2020. Host: Pradeep Dasigi and Matt Gardner
- Research Assistant, Institute of Software Research, Carnegie Mellon University, Spring 2020. Host: Prof. Claire Le Goues
- Research Intern, Microsoft Research Asia, Summer+Fall 2017. Host: Shi Han
- Exchange Student, University of California at Berkeley, Spring 2017
- I am from Nanchang, Jiangxi Province in China. I’ve also lived in Nanjing, Beijing, Berkeley, Pittsburgh, and most recently, New Haven.